Ergonomic office chairs are designed to offer much-needed comfort and support during long working hours. Unlike standard desk chairs, these are chairs that you can sit on for hours without experiencing lower back pain, neck pain, and even extreme fatigue. Although some models carry a hefty price tag, there are still countless options that are very affordable. If you’re on a tight budget and are not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a high-end ergonomic chair, we’ve got you. In this article, we review the 9 best ergonomic office chairs under $200.
These are premium-quality budget office chairs that can easily be confused with high-end chairs with their sturdy construction, excellent ergonomics, and very desirable warranties.
|Best Overall||Flash Furniture||Dimensions – 25.5″W x 24″D x 47.5-52.5″H|
|Best Design||Hbada Office Task Desk Chair||Dimensions – 23.2 x 23.1 x 11 inches|
|Amazon Basics High-Back Bonded Leather||Dimensions – 29.1 x 26.2 x 41.7-45.5 inches (LxWxH)|
|Ergonomic Office Chair||Dimensions – LxWxH 27 x 13 x 24.6 inches|
|Best Budget||Home Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair Mesh||Dimensions – 22 x 9 x 20 inches (LxWxH)|
|Gaming||Hbada Gaming Chair Racing Style||Dimensions – 7.5″(L) x 27.5″(W) x 47.2″-50.4″(H)|
|Sadie Big and Tall Office Computer Chair||Dimensions – 30.31 x 30.31 x 42.91 inches (LxWxH)|
|Big and Tall Executive Computer Desk Chair||Dimensions – LxWxH|
31.1 x 29.5 x 45.5 inches
|LUCKWIND Ergonomic Office Chair Ribbed Leather Swivel||Dimensions – 18.9 x 22.24 x 39.76 inches (LxWxH)|
What To Look For In An Office Chair?
When choosing the best ergonomic office chair under 200 for the office or home, you need to consider various features like:
- Adjustable back support– The best ergonomic office chair features adjustable back support that follows the natural curve of your spine. This helps ensure a healthy sitting posture and a reduced risk of back pain and other spinal-related problems 
- Seat width and Seat depth– You must also consider the width and depth of the seat to ensure comfortable seating and support regardless of your size. Aim for seat width and depth that is between 17”-20”. The seat should be deep enough to allow you to rest your back against the backrest while leaving about 2”-4” between the back of your knees and the seat of the chair. But since there is no one size fits all, consider getting a chair with adjustable seat width and depth.
- Seat Height Adjustment– The height of the seat describes the distances from the floor to the top of the chair’s seat. It helps determine whether the chair will fit comfortably under a desk. The most suitable height range for an ergonomic chair should be between 16”-21”. Your feet should be flat on the floor, your thighs horizontal, and your arms even with the height of your office desk. Again, select a chair whose height is adjustable to allow you to find your sweet spot
- Adjustable armrests– Fixed armrests may not work for everyone, considering we all come in different shapes and sizes. An ergonomic office chair must have armrests that can be easily adjusted to allow your arms to hang loosely from your shoulders especially when using a keyboard or mouse.
- Tilt/Recline Functionality– Leaning forward all day long can place immense stress on your back. The result is severe back pain as your back ends up holding the entire weight of your body. The tilting functionality allows you to sit back and ease the strain on your back. A chair that also reclines or rocks is also an excellent choice as it helps you relax after sitting for extended periods
- Adequate cushioning– Choose a chair with comfortable padding for working long hours at your desk.
- Size– Ergonomic office chairs come in different sizes. The standard size chairs are suitable for the average person. However, tall and heavy individuals may find them uncomfortable. If you’re a big person, get a chair with dimensions that are large enough to accommodate your large body and weight
- Construction- Of course, an ergonomic office chair must be constructed with good-quality materials to ensure excellent sturdiness and durability. It must be sturdy enough to accommodate your weight and serve you for many years.
What are the Best Ergonomic Office Chairs Under 200 Dollars?
1) Best Overall – Flash Furniture High-Back Office Chair Black Mesh Swivel Ergonomic Executive Office Chair
At first glance, it’s easy to assume that the Flash Furniture Black Mesh Swivel Ergonomic Office Chair is a high-end model that is way above your budget.
However, this chair happens to be one of the best ergonomic office chairs under 200.
This mesh chair comes with a mesh back with built-in lumbar support that keeps your back well supported and your spine properly aligned for comfortable long working sessions.
The mesh back on this ergonomic chair increases air circulation during the hot summer season, thus keeping your body cool and comfortable even when sitting for extended periods. Its perfect for someone who sweats a lot.
Remove pressure from your back with the tilt mechanism that lets you take a small relaxing break from work. With the tilt lock feature, simply lock the chair in the perfect recline and even enjoy a relaxing rocking motion.
Both the headrest and seat height are adjustable for maximum comfort while the cushion is filled with flame-retardant thick foam for comfort and safety.
The chair also features a waterfall seat edge and a 360 degrees chrome footrest. Both are meant to improve circulation to your legs while eliminating pressure from prolonged sitting.
Another helpful ergonomic feature is the flip-up arms which can be easily flipped down to act as a comfortable resting place for your elbow. They can also be flipped up to create a large seating area for tasks that require a free range of motion.
The Flash Furniture Office chair also swivels 360 degrees and comes with smooth-rolling caster wheels for ease of movement. Its sturdy construction allows it to support users weighing up to 250 lbs.
Its dimensions are as follows;
- Overall dimensions – 25.5″W x 24″D x 47.5-52.5″H
- Seat Size-20″W x 19″D x 18.75-22.5″H
- Back Size- 20″W x 30.5-32″H |
- Arm Size-26.5-30.25″H from the floor; 7.5″H from the seat
Overall, the Flash Furniture Executive Office Chair is one of the best ergonomic office chairs in the market if you’re looking for a combination of comfort, support, and affordability.
- Great ergonomics for exceptional comfort and support
- Sturdy construction
- Tilts for relaxation
- High back makes it suitable for tall people
- Flip-up arms for free range of motion
- Multiple colors to choose from
- Fire-retardant foam
- Cooling comfort thanks to the breathable mesh back
- Tested for durability and safety
- Lumbar support is not adjustable
- Armrest height is not adjustable
- Hard to assemble for some people
2) Best Design – Hbada Office Task Chair Desk Chair Swivel Home Comfort Chairs
The chair showcases excellent workmanship with its sleek and elegant design and will thus enhance the look of your office setup.
You can either choose the all-black version or the black/white chair that is sleek, modern, and elegant.
The ergonomics do not disappoint either. It has an S-shaped mesh backrest that conforms to the natural curve of your lower back and thus does a great job promoting a healthy body posture while eliminating back pain and fatigue. The chair also tilts backward for when you want to take a break from your work and even swivels freely up to 360 degrees.
The height is the chair is adjustable from 17.7 “ to 21.2 “ to accommodate people of different sizes. Its sturdy and durable frame is strong enough to accommodate users weighing up to 250lbs and will last a very long time.
Additional comfort is provided by the flip-up armrests which can be raised or lowered until you find a comfortable position to rest your arms on. For space-saving purposes, the armrests can be raised so that the chair can easily slide underneath the desk.
The thick flat seat cushion is filled with good-quality foam material that helps relieve pressure on your hips and tailbone and is even breathable to prevent sweating while sitting for long periods.
Additionally, the casters glide smoothly and quietly over all types of floors and leave scratches and dents on your beautiful floors.
Some users are however not happy with the fact that this stylish office chair cannot accommodate their tall frames. It’s good for the average person but tall people will not find it comfortable.
Overall, this is one of the best ergonomic office chairs with almost all the features found in high-end models so you’re basically getting good value out of a small budget.
3) Amazon Basics High – Back Executive Adjustable Office Desk Chair White Bonded Leather
Nothing shows class and elegance than a white office chair. With white chairs and office desks becoming a trend, you sure don’t want to miss out.
This Amazon Basics Executive chair features is upholstered with a white polyurethane bonded leather and finished with a pewter finish. It’s one classy masterpiece that you will definitely want to add to your office set up in the office or at home.
In addition to style and elegance, its ergonomics are top-notch. The backrest, seat cushion, and armrests are all padded with high-quality foam for all-day comfort and support. It’s amazing how much comfort and support you can get for such an inexpensive executive office chair.
The chair goes above and beyond to ensure you work comfortably regardless of your height with the adjustable seat height. It features a pneumatic control lever that allows you to easily adjust the seat height and angle. Right below the seat is a tilt-tension knob that lets you adjust the chair’s rocking motion for added comfort and reduced stress from your back.
It has a high back and a maximum weight capacity of 275 lbs, making it suitable for large and tall people. The chair also swivels to 360 degrees and the rolling caster wheels glide smoothly and quietly on the floor and won’t damage your expensive hardwood floor.
The chair measures 29.1 x 26.2 x 41.7-45.5 inches (LxWxH) and is super easy to assemble.
On the flip side, the bonded leather doesn’t last as long as we would expect. Some users who have previously bought the chair have complained about the leather peeling off or breaking. Otherwise, everything else is great and honestly, it’s such a good deal for such a low-budget office chair.
4) Tribesigns Store Ergonomic Office Computer Desk Chair
Tribesigns Store is one of the best office chairs under 200 in the market right now.
From home office desks to office chairs, the company’s dedication to providing consumers with high-quality products is quite impressive.
Their ergonomic office chair with an adjustable built-in lumbar support, armrests, headrest, and seat height is one of the best-selling chairs in the market.
At a reasonable price, this chair offers you the best ergonomic features often found in high-end chairs.
We are talking about an adjustable backrest for good posture support and is also high enough to accommodate tall users, adjustable armrests to ensure optimal comfort, an adjustable headrest for reduced neck pain and enhanced support, an adjustable height so users of different heights can find a comfortable seating position, and finally, a tilt mechanism that lets you lean back and relax, plus the tilt tension locks in 3 levels so you can easily find a comfortable angle to ease your back.
The high back with headrest makes and weight limit of 300 pounds makes the chair ideal for heavy and tall people. The breathable mesh on the back of the chair to keep you cool during those long working sessions while the premium rolling caster wheels glide smoothly on the floor or chair mat without putting a strain on your back. The chair also swivels for freedom of movement in any direction.
We cannot forget to mention its adjustable armrests that are thickly padded for added comfort as well as a high-density seat cushion that is super comfortable and boasts of dual heat dissipation for cool comfort when sitting for up to 8 hours or more.
The 20.5” seat width and depth provide spacious and comfortable seating for big people.
The chair’s overall dimensions are LxWxH 27 x 13 x 24.6 inches.
Overall, the Tribesigns Store Ergonomic Office Chair is one of the best ergonomic office chairs in the market that don’t cost an arm and a leg. It’s easy to install and you also get to enjoy a worry-free experience with the manufacturer’s free replacement for damaged and missing parts.
- Incredible lumbar support
- Thick and luxurious cushion for superb comfort and support all day long
- Ergonomic backrest prevents back pain and improves your sitting posture
- Tilts at 3 different angles for maximum relaxation
- 300 lbs weight capacity makes it ideal for heavy individuals
- Tall back makes it perfect for tall people
- Breathable mesh to avoid sweating
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Smooth and quiet rolling caster wheels
- Good price range
- Assembly is a little bit hard
5) Best Budget Ergonomic Office Chair – BestOffice Store Home Office Mid Back Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair
Dimensions:22 x 9 x 20 inches (LxWxH), Weight Capacity-250lbs
You don’t need to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a high-quality ergonomic office chair. The BestOffice Store Home Mid Back Ergonomic Desk Chair lets you enjoy similar comfort and quality provided by some of the best ergonomic office chairs at a fraction of the cost.
It’s unbelievable how much value you can get on such a cheap chair. The ergonomics are top-notch. It has an ergonomic mesh backrest to provide you with exceptional lumbar support for a comfortable seating experience. The chair also tilts and locks in place in a reclined position so you can sit back and relax when taking short breaks from work. Unfortunately, the backrest is not adjustable.
The pneumatic seat height adjustment height lets you adjust the height of the chair as you wish, making it suitable for both tall and short people. It can be easily adjusted from 17.1”-20.3”. The height adjustability feature also allows you to set it at a comfortable height on a different height desk or table.
The 21.85 inches armrests are sturdily constructed, although some people have complained that they are a little bit too low and that they can’t be adjusted. The armrests are not padded either.
The mid back chair also features a 360-degree swivel for freedom of movement while the rolling casters roll smoothly and quietly for greater mobility and stability. The heavy-duty base gives the chair excellent stability that allows it to support users weighing up to 250lbs.
Overall, this is one of the cheapest ergonomic office chairs under 200 in the market. Although it lacks some essential features like an adjustable backrest and armrest, it’s still a decent chair. It’s a small chair though and may not be suitable for tall and heavy people.
- Ergonomically designed for great comfort and good lumbar support
- Breathable mesh on back of the chair for cool comfort all day long
- High-quality construction
- High weight capacity
- Soft and comfortable cushion
- Best budget ergonomic office chair
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes in multiple colors
- Backrest is not adjustable
- Armrests are not adjustable
- Not big enough to accommodate tall or heavy users
6) Best Gaming Office Chair – Hbada Gaming Chair Racing Style Ergonomic Computer Chair
Dimensions: 7.5″(L) x 27.5″(W) x 47.2″-50.4″(H), Weight Capacity-300lbs
If you’ve always wished for a quality gaming chair, the Hbada Racing Style Gaming Chair is exactly what you need.
The chair is ergonomically designed to ensure maximum comfort while working or gaming for many hours.
Like most high-end gaming chairs, the Hbada also uses high-quality thick foam on the backrest, cushion, and armrests for a comfortable seating experience. The thick 80cm long back backrest ensures proper alignment of your back and also reclines from 90 degrees to 155 degrees so you can sit back and relax and even take a short nap after long gaming or working sessions.
The gaming chair comes with a removable headrest and lumbar support for optimal support to your back and neck. The height of the seat is adjustable from 5.2” to 6”, although some people (especially tall people) have complained that the maximum height is too low. This makes the chair unsuitable for tall people. The armrests are also adjustable.
The seating area is quite large- measures 21.6”(L) x 20.8”(W and is thus suitable for big pro gamers or office workers. The chair cushion is thick, soft, and comfy and will eliminate pressure from your back and backside when sitting for long periods.
The racing-style design mimics that of race car seats so comfort and support are two things you’re really going to appreciate.
Its sturdy construction gives it enough stability to support up to 300 pounds and for your peace of mind, the Hbada gaming office chair is backed by a 1-Year manufacturer’s warranty. And for the price, you sure are going to get the best value for your money.
- Offers superior comfort and lumbar support
- Perfect for office work and gaming
- Adjustable features for optimal comfort and support
- Sturdy construction for durability
- Large seat for comfortable seating
- Quick and easy assembly
- Great quality and durable PU leather upholstery
- Backed by a 1-Year warranty
- Good price range
- Not high enough to accommodate tall people
7) Best Office Chair for Big and Tall – Sadie Big and Tall Office Computer Chair
Dimensions:30.31 x 30.31 x 42.91 inches (LxWxH), Weight Capacity-400lbs
For big and tall people, finding the best office chairs that matches their sizes can be hard. Since there are no one-size-fits-all chairs, such people are often left with no option but to purchase small and uncomfortable chairs.
The Sadie Office Computer Chair has changed all this as tall and heavy users can now work stress-free.
The chair’s full dimensions are 30.31 x 30.31 x 42.91 inches and has a maximum weight limit of up to 400 pounds, making it one of the best big and tall ergonomic office chairs. If you’re on the tall and heavier side, this is the chair for you.
The adjustable lumbar support provides excellent support for your lower back so you’ll never have to worry about back pain again.
The tall back conforms to the natural curve of your spine to promote a healthy posture. The mesh back provides breathable support while preventing sweating during the hot summer season.
You’ll love the height-adjustable armrests which can be quickly adjusted up and down to fit users of all sizes. The wide seat provides comfortable seating for those on the larger and heavier side.
The chair comes with smooth and quiet rolling caster wheels and boasts of heavy-duty construction so you can be sure that this chair will serve you for a very long time.
On the flip side, the Sadie Big and Tall Office chair does not tilt or recline backward. The seat tilts forward though but most people would prefer a chair with tilt functionality as it helps ease pressure on the back while providing relaxing comfort.
- Heavy-duty construction
- High weight capacity
- Tall and sturdy chair suitable for tall individuals
- Adjustable armrests
- Breathable backrest and comfortable lumbar support
- 360 degrees swivel
- Smooth and quiet rolling caster wheels
- Comfortable seat cushion
- Backed by a 3-Year warranty
- Easy to assemble
- No tilt or recline functionality
- Too large to accommodate people with smaller frames
8) Best Executive Chair for Big and Tall – ORVEAY Store Executive Leather Office Chair
Dimensions: 31.1 x 29.5 x 45.5 inches (LxWxH), Weight Capacity-500 lbs
If you’re big with a tall frame and are looking for a good ergonomic executive chair, you’re looking at one.
The ORVEAY Store office chair is the perfect chair for tall and heavy people. Its dimensions are 31.1 x 29.5 x 45.5 inches and is built to support up to 500 lbs, which is impressive.
If you have a small frame, this chair is not for you.
Its ergonomics are quite good. The curved and heavily padded backrest will support your spine while ensuring maximum comfort for your body to eliminate the risk of developing back issues and posture problems.
The soft chair cushion relieves pressure on your tailbone and back while ensuring your backside doesn’t become numb and sore when sitting for extended periods. You’re also going to love the waterfall seat edge as it helps reduce pressure on your legs during prolonged sitting and even improves circulation in your legs so you won’t tire easily.
The padded headrest provides additional support to your neck while the thickly padded armrests provide superior shoulder support.
The 5-point base provides superior stability and durability while the 360-degrees swivel provides you with a free range of motion. Coupled with the smooth-rolling caster wheels, you will never have to stand up every time you want to pick something nearby.
The construction is top-notch which is great because this chair is extremely sturdy and strong enough to support up to 500 pounds.
Customers who have used this chair praise its sturdiness and ample space for tall and big people. The only complaint I’ve seen is that the faux leather may start wearing out after some time. Since faux leather is weaker than genuine leather, you can install an office chair cover to prolong its life.
- Perfect chair at an affordable cost
- Huge size- perfect for big individuals
- Sturdy and durable
- Pneumatic seat height adjustable
- Superior lumbar support
- Backed by a 12 months warranty and a 90-day Money-Back Guarantee
- Good price range
- Armrests are non-adjustable
- Faux leather may not last very long
- Not suitable for people with small frames due to its huge size
- Comes in just one color
9) Most Stylish Ergonomic Office Chair – LUCKWIND Ergonomic Office Chair Ribbed Leather Office Chair Swivel
Dimensions: 18.9 x 22.24 x 39.76 inches (LxWxH), Weight Capacity-350 lbs
The LUCKWIND Ergonomic Office Chair offers a good balance of style and ergonomic.
We are talking about its super stylish upholstery that is made of high-quality PU leather and a streamlined shape that gives this chair an elegant touch.
Both the backrest and seat are padded with high-density and resilient upholstery padding for superior comfort and support to your body. The backrest is ergonomically designed to conform to the natural curve of your spine for proper spinal alignment and even tilts so you can sit back and relax or even take a short nap after sitting for a long time.
The large thick seat cushion (seat width and length: 19.69” W x 18.9” L ) offers extra comfort when working for extended periods. The waterfall seat edge relieves pressure off your legs and also improves circulation. The sitting pocket (traditional suspension structure) on the seat provides even more comfort and relaxation.
The conference room chair is sturdily constructed. The entire frame is made of strong metal which guarantees durability. The frame in addition to the 5-point star base guarantees stability and durability. This is a chair that will last many years of use.
The rubber casters roll smoothly and quietly on the floor. The chair also swivels 360 degrees for effortless mobility.
Assembly is easy and hassle-free. The chair is perfect for computer gaming, executive conference room, home office chair, and more.
- Super stylish and elegant
- Ergonomically designed with superior lumbar support
- Long-lasting metal construction
- Thick padding for extra comfort
- Smooth-rolling casters
- Height adjustable with tilt mechanism
- 360 degree swivel
- Easy assembly
- High weight capacity
- Multiple color options
- Not suitable for tall people
Frequently Asked Questions About Ergonomic Office Chairs Under $200 (FAQs)
Are Ergonomic Chairs Worth It?
Yes, ergonomic chairs are totally worth it. They are designed to support a proper posture that allows for proper alignment of the spine, shoulders, and hips. With their lumbar support, they help minimize strain on your back, preventing back pain, neck pain, and other related issues. So if you’re looking for the best office chair for back problems, you won’t go wrong with an ergonomic model.
Why are Ergonomic Chairs So Expensive?
Most ergonomic chairs cost more because they offer more ergonomic features like adjustable lumbar support, seat height adjustment, armrest adjustment, tilt functionality, a backrest that mimics the natural curve of your spine, good padding on the backrest, seat, and armrests, and more. Basically, an ergonomic chair are tailored to your body and sitting preferences.
Are Ergonomic Chairs Better than Gaming Chairs?
It depends. When it comes to ergonomics, some good task chairs beat even the best gaming chairs in the market. However, you should know that some chairs for gaming also offer the same comfort and support as office chairs as are often marketed as “gaming office computer chairs.” It ultimately depends on the chair and the ergonomic features it offers.
What is the Best Office Chair for Sitting Long Hours?
Our best overall office chair for sitting for long hours is the Flash Furniture High-Back Black Mesh Swivel Ergonomic Executive Office Chair. It comes with all the required ergonomic features and is incredibly comfortable for those long working hours. It’s also one of the best office chairs under 200 in the market right now.
Having a higher budget? Then read more about the Best Ergonomic Office Chairs Overall.
Best Office Chairs Under $200 Review- Bottom Line
Sitting for long hours has been linked to numerous chronic health problems, with the most prevalent one being lower back pain.
A lot of people make the mistake of using standard office chairs which are not designed to offer the much-needed support and comfort for sitting for long hours.
If you’re always using your office chair for many hours several days a week, you definitely need an ergonomic office chair.
You’ll never again have to suffer the pain, soreness, numbness, and fatigue that comes from using low-quality office chairs.
If you’re on a tight budget and are looking for the best ergonomic office chair under 200, you won’t go wrong with either one of these 9 picks.
We love working in our home offices. It’s a space I can create in my own taste to improve productivity and well-being. Let me show you how you can too.